Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It was the best of times...

I have some sweet potatoes in the garden that really weren't looking very good. They were a light yellow and looked a step away from death for a long time. There was another sweet potato plant nearby that was thriving. I added compost from my bin to the ill looking plant and it livened right up. It's incredible to me how most people throw away some of the best fertilizers available in their organic waste. It makes me feel good when I make little discoveries like that.

Today I also witnessed the neighbor's cat catching a mouse out of my garden. Should I be happy that the mouse was caught, or apprehensive because I know that we have mice nearby? I should also apologize to our neighbor whose cat brought home a mouse to show off...

No comments: