Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blog posts

I haven't posted in awhile. I've been trying to think of things to post, but haven't been able to. I ride 3 miles to work every day and 3 miles home. It's an easy ride and the drivers are wonderful so it has been thus far uneventful.

I love my job and am engrossed in helping others. The only problem with my job is leaving. There is so much that I want to do that I have a hard time getting out the door. People want to work with me early in the morning and late in the evenings and I have a hard time saying 'no' (I'm getting better).

At home I have tons to do. We have cleared some small unhealthy trees to brighten the yard, dug three raised beds, planted a variety of fruit trees, berries and grapes and been otherwise occupied in the yard. I built my wife a pantry for the kitchen last weekend (all except the making it look nice part). I have lumber in the garage to build the boys a really cool play thing downstairs and I hope to complete that this weekend.

I have completely lost track of most of the blogs I used to follow and I now toy a few minutes a day with Facebook, although it doesn't do much for me.

Now comes the question. Am I not thinking of blog topics because I'm so busy and actively involved in life that I don't need to blog as a means of distracting myself? Or am I so consumed with life that I don't allow myself to think deeper about things that are really important to me and spend time dealing with those thoughts in a blog?

I think it's an interesting irony that I have overcome my inability to find a blog topic by blogging about why I can't find a topic. I'll stop now and post pictures soon. The three people that still read this only come for the pictures anyway.

3 comments:

Donnell Allan said...

Uh, yeah. I was just going to ask for pictures when you mentioned it.

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you guys are settling in well. Fruit trees and a pantry--you are speaking my language.

Emily A. said...

AWww...When I stopped working at my "stress out job," I found I had a lot less to say and a lot less to think about. It was weird, but I think stress makes us want to rant and carry on.

Its good you are out of blog topics for now. I am sure you will think of something eventually, but I think you have a good balance right now. I am happy for you and your family.

And yes, I enjoy the pics but I also like reading what you have to say.

cyclingred said...

Sounds like things are going really well for you and your family. That is great!

I am on a bit of blogging break myself. I have things to blog about but am for focused on a few other things for awhile. I hope to be back at it in a month or so.

We would all like to see pics of what is going on in your world.