Monday, March 19, 2007

Family

It's been awhile since I did a family post. Last week Grammie and Gramps came to visit. that was great and the boys are still talking about it. That was the main thing that prevented me from posting last week.

Really there's nothing new around here. The weather is finally getting nice, so we are doing a lot of work in the yard. I tore up the front yard and were working on getting roots out so we can plant grass and hopefully we will have a lawn rather than a weed garden.

This week the Mugwump spent some time learning about dinosaurs. He already knew quite a bit, but my wife took the boys to a rock show and they had fossils there and the mugwump was in heaven. He says that he wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up.

Six-pence has learned the flop. I really don't know how else to put it, but he seems to be playing with you or trying to get your attention and the next thing you know he is flopping in your lap and laughing hysterically, but you can't get him up or to move. It's really inconvenient, but funny at the same time.

I thought it was funny after I rototilled the front yard, the Mugwump came out and asked what I was doing. I told him that I was rototilling and he asked if I was making the front yard so he could play in it. Evidently he isn't a huge fan of grass, he far prefers the dirt.

Sorry, there aren't any pictures, we're in the midst of a computer transfer and so things are a little unorganized this week.

2 comments:

Emily A. said...

heck yes dirt is way funner than grass. think of the mud boggin and the bike riding. and little brothers can eat dirt but don't often eat grass for fun.

GeekCyclist said...

My son (11) and three of his neighbor friends have been digging the same hole in my backyard on and off for three years now. It is now about 6 feet across and 2.5 feet deep and features highly in most outdoor make believe play in the neighborhood.

I honestly hate my front yard and have been removing it little by little for 4 years now.