Sunday, January 21, 2007

The family

Before I get started, I figured out how to get the You Tube clip into the blog, but i couldn't figure out how to add text to the entry. SO go and watch the clip about free hugs, it's really a neat little film that you should enjoy.
The family is well. We haven't been above freezing in almost two weeks now and looking at the weather forecast online, it doesn't look like this is going to be our week either. My wife and the boys are feeling a little couped up. It's hard to get out when the high for the day is 12. We've made some more trips in the car than usual, but that is why we still have one car, so that my wife isn't trapped at home.
Now that I think of it, one of my big goals for 2007 is to put more miles on my bike than are put on the family car. Just so I remember, the odometer was at 147,090 to begin the new year. It may be a difficult goals seeing that my wife is going to drive to Washington this summer (I think) and I'm taking my wife to Havasu Canyon to go hiking in April. I'm excited for the challenge.
My wife and I exchanged gifts on our anniversary. I got her a couple of library books that we will return when she's done. They were books about Havasu canyon so that she could learn a little about our upcoming trip (or just look at the pictures). My wife got me an avocado. I have never had the opportunity to cut an avocado in half and just eat it with a spoon. I had always wanted to be able to do that, but it always seems like a waste when my family is all hungry and everyone likes avocado so I had never before just eaten an avocado. My wife gave me a whole avocado that I didn't have to share. It was wonderful, I sat at my cubicle at school, listening to some good music and enjoyed my avocado. I hope to do it again some day.
This is really a lame post. There really isn't much new with the boys and I just go to school. My wife's amazing, but anyone who knows her knows that is typical for her.
If you were coming to this sight to see something useful or interesting, go to the video about the free hugs because this post wasn't.

No comments: